• 404 The requested URL /OpenKM was not found

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #1042  by efolbrecht

I followed the instructions and seems I have no errors. Does the run.bat go away when complete? Mine stays up with a blinking cursor and starts a shutdown process if I close the run.bat.

Anyway, I get the 404 message when trying: http://localhost:8080/OpenKM Where does OpenKM exist on the hard drive?

I started run.bat -b 0.0.0.0, unlocked the port in the firewall, but get this error.

Details:
Windows XP
Apache 2.0 web server

Thanks for any help!
 #1044  by jllort

When you execute run.bat on the console you must not close it, because it\'s a process running on your machine, not a service fired as apache. If you close window, you\'ll close jboss process.

If you want to see the window command shell, you might try to run OpenKM as a service on windows, take a look at some forum post for it ( it\'s not trivial to set as a service on windows! ).
 #1055  by tidus2728

Hi efolbrecht,

I think it may be a conflict with Apache 2.0. Try uninstalling Apache and check the forum for my post on installing OpenKM in Windows environment.

Thanks.
 #1060  by efolbrecht

I got it to work. This is how:

I had installed Java 5.0 Update 16 as that was on their recent download page. I uninstalled this update, I found Update 15 (http://java.sun.com/products/archive/) and installed this one. It worked! So for some reason Update 16 does not work for me.

I am also able to run OpenKm with Apache 2.0 running as well.

Thanks for your help, especially your installation guide!
 #1330  by shamujasmine

I\'m having the same problem: HTTP status 404, The requested resource (/openkm) is not available. I have tried:
OpenKM-2.0_JBoss-4.2.2.GA.zip with jdk-1_5_0_15-windows-amd64.exe on windows server 2003 R2 SP2, 64 bit.

Where is the installation guide you guys are talking about?

Thanks ahead for your advise.

Shamujasmine
 #1486  by jllort

Error 404 is a jboss error or apache, because on that machines has apache web server too.

Stop jboss.
Delete /server/default/log/server.log
Run jboss

Post the server.log file ( the file after finished starting -> as short as possible don\'t login )
 #1497  by alloydog

pavila wrote:JBoss has started and OpenKM application deployed. What problem do you have?
When I direct my browser to http://server/OpenKM/ I get:
Not Found
The requested URL /OpenKM/ was not found on this server.
No login page or anything.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.