• Error after migration from 5.0.4 to 5.1.8

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #13115  by Peter81929

Hi all,

after following the migration guide instructions, I am unable to start 5.1.8 after migration form 5.0.4 and I could not find the error.

Error log:
Code: Select all
23:11:06,888 INFO  [DefaultWebAppDesciptorModifierImpl] Ignore servlet: com.openkm.servlet.admin.DataBrowserServlet
23:11:06,889 INFO  [DefaultWebAppDesciptorModifierImpl] Ignore servlet: com.openkm.servlet.TestServlet
23:11:06,953 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/OpenKM, warUrl=.../tmp/deploy/tmp6331444727291206708OpenKM-exp.war/
23:11:11,977 WARN  [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: -22, SQLState: S0002
23:11:11,977 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] Table not found in statement [/* from Config cfg where cfg.key=:key */ select top ? config0_.CFG_KEY as CFG1_32_, config0_.CFG_TYPE as CFG2_32_, config0_.CFG_VALUE as CFG3_32_ from OKM_CONFIG config0_ where config0_.CFG_KEY=?]
23:11:11,979 ERROR [Config] ** Error reading configuration table **
23:11:11,983 ERROR [[/OpenKM]] StandardWrapper.Throwable
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:222)
	at com.openkm.servlet.RepositoryStartupServlet.init(RepositoryStartupServlet.java:98)
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:212)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1161)
Any ideas?

Thanks, Peter
 #13118  by chevdor

I had issue following the official 5.0.4 to 5.1.8 migration steps.

Here is what I did:
- unzip 5.1.8
- leave default settings
- start openKM
- once started, change create to none in the config file
- restart
- create your users (I have only one... I re-created it manually as the scripts from the 5.0.4 backup did not work)
- stop openKM
- copy your repository file and folder into the new openKM installation
- restart openKM

With this process, *almost* everything works fine. The only issues I have are:
- I lost my keywords (If someone can give me a hint how to export -> reimport them, I take it !)
- I lost my searches
 #13153  by Peter81929

Thanks for the checklist, works for me as well.

Not the best practice solution but a work around.

I would very much appreciate an update/upgrade feature within(!) OpenKM. It's annoying to get through that flaky process again and again.

Best regards, Peter
 #13163  by jllort

From version 6.0 will be more easier upgrading because we'll take total control of database. Now someone is in jackrabbit hand and that has caused some limitations. We think the last difficult migration procedure will be between 5.1.X to 6.0 after it we think all will be more easilly.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.