• Configuration IMAP

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #11404  by Hedwig

Hi,

We are using mail ID's (exchange environment) wich allow Space-seperated Names e.g. John Doe. When I try to configure the IMAP-settings I get an error about invalid IDs, that happens only with Space seperated IDs, Ids without space are working well. So I tried several alternatives ("John Doe", 'John Doe', John%20Doe, JohnDoe, John.Doe, the alias name in Exchange, etc.) nothing worked.

Any idea how to configure IMAP in that paticular environment?

Thx in advance

Hedwig

by jllort » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:54 pm

you want to use imap users to upload documents .. why you want to use it.
jllortModerator
Posts: 2979Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:23 amLocation: Sineu - ( Illes Balears ) - Spain

when I go to: Tools --> Settings --> User-Konfiguration there are only IMAP settings and a "Test" button
 #11429  by jllort

The problem obviously is caused by username with spaces ( not normal case ). Post here the server.log error to ensure that's the problem.

In our source code we use:
Code: Select all
store.connect(ma.getMailHost(), ma.getMailUser(), ma.getMailPassword());
I'll investigate if it's some problem on java mail library, when users have spaces ... really must understanding it's a strange practice for username.
 #11434  by Hedwig

You are right, ist a bit strange. But right now it would take al lot of time to turn back the wheel.

Unfortunatly right now I am out of the office for the next 5 days. As soon as I'll be back, I'll post the result.

Thanks for your help.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.