• Administer Profiles 404

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #19141  by Azarl

When I create a user profile and edit it I get an error:
Server Error
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
It's only when certain fields are changed and I try to save the changes. For example I can check all the Menu File & Menu Edit boxes and save without problem but when I check Toolbar > Create Folder or any of the Tab Document except Properties this occurs. I've tried reinstalling and even reinstalling with a MySQL database and it still occurs.

Version 6.2.1-Dev (build 7675)
 #19161  by pavila

I can't reproduce the issue with current nigh build, or perhaps I'm not doing the same thing. Please, can you give me more deailed steps.
 #19240  by bc_santana

I ran into the same problem
Apparently this occurs when selecting (Remove note) from Menu edit
kindly advice on this issue

thanx
=============================================================
[Update - Solved]
Apparently this was an IIS issue
i managed to fix it by changing Maximum query string length from Request Filtering in IIS Manager
now its working very well

thanx again
 #19292  by jllort

Can you post here some screenshot and how to solve it with more detail. We will add in our online documentation and if other user has the same problem will have documented how to solve it.
 #19300  by bc_santana

When using IIS as a web server by default it has a limit for the query string sent to the server
in our case this happens when using the profile edit screen because it sends a long query in order to save the changes
this is the error screen on the client side:

while on the server side we get a more detailed error:

To solve this issue we need to increase the maximum size of the query string on the web server:

1- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager

2- In the Connections pane, go to the connection, site, application, or directory for which you want to modify your request filtering settings.

3- In the Home pane, double-click Request Filtering.

4- Click Edit Feature Settings... in the Actions pane.

5- Change the maximum query string length

In my case it was 2048 by default so i changed it to 4096
now i dont get the error any more

hope this could help out
cheers

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.