• okmdb.lobs Issue

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #42920  by jauwari

Hi, please help me

I have an issue with okmdb.lobs file which growth very big file size (241GB) but the file that i uploaded it to OpenKm just 866MB. How can i manage this issue or there is anyway to solve it? I search on internet and the suggestion to change the database with another type instead of HSQLDB that default of OpenKM. Are there any way to solve it if i still want use the HSQLDB database?
 #42929  by jllort

We do not suggest using HSQLDB in production scenarios. In some cases database can be damaged - corruped - and is quite difficult, sometimes impossible be able to recover it. I suggest configuring your application with MySQL, take a look here for it https://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/MySQL_-_OpenKM_6.2

The steps should be:
1- Backup your application ( stop and backup )
2- Export data ( with Administration > export tool )
3- Configure clean openkm with MySQL
4- Import

If you search in google you will find information about how migrate from HSQLDB to MySQL ( seems latest MySQL workbench has a tool for it, but sincerally we have never checked it, if you go in this direction, please share it with us ).
 #42934  by jauwari

jllort wrote:We do not suggest using HSQLDB in production scenarios. In some cases database can be damaged - corruped - and is quite difficult, sometimes impossible be able to recover it. I suggest configuring your application with MySQL, take a look here for it https://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/MySQL_-_OpenKM_6.2

The steps should be:
1- Backup your application ( stop and backup )
2- Export data ( with Administration > export tool )
3- Configure clean openkm with MySQL
4- Import

If you search in google you will find information about how migrate from HSQLDB to MySQL ( seems latest MySQL workbench has a tool for it, but sincerally we have never checked it, if you go in this direction, please share it with us ).

Hi jllort,

Thank's for the answer. Sorry for ask again. I wonder what the cause the file okmdb.lobs can growth very big size? Do you have the explanation or answer for it? Thanks again.
 #42948  by jllort

I ignore why .lobs file is increasing in your case, because in default configuration we are storing document in file system ( $TOMCAT_HOME/repository/datastore folder ). But in database are also other columns set a lobs data. Might be caused by OKM_ACTIVITY log table which is a table what can store a lot of information, might be this is the cause. Try execute a query from Administration > Database query
Code: Select all
select count(*) from OKM_ACTIVITY
Can also try to delete the logs, if you do not need it, see if the lobs table decrease in size.
 #42963  by jauwari

jllort wrote:I ignore why .lobs file is increasing in your case, because in default configuration we are storing document in file system ( $TOMCAT_HOME/repository/datastore folder ). But in database are also other columns set a lobs data. Might be caused by OKM_ACTIVITY log table which is a table what can store a lot of information, might be this is the cause. Try execute a query from Administration > Database query
Code: Select all
select count(*) from OKM_ACTIVITY
Can also try to delete the logs, if you do not need it, see if the lobs table decrease in size.

OK, jllort for the explanation and information. I'll try it first.Thanks again

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.