• Recursive Permission Use

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #31546  by Peppopalombaro

Hi all out there.
I'm having a problem with the permissions application in recursive way.
My playground is:
  • OpenKM Community Edition 6.3.0
  • Connected to a mySQL database
  • Running on an Ubuntu Server 14.04 64bit
  • With JDK 1.7 from Oracle (NOT OpenJDK)
  • Property security.access.manager = simple
  • About 40.000 documents in
  • About 4500 folders
Now the problem is: I'm trying to set permission (I've have created some groups and I've about 30 users) and anytime I try to set a ROLE or a USER permission I'm unable to propagate this permission from okm:root down to the several subfolders.
I've readed here in the forum some posts about the use of the "recursive mode" checkbox in the permission window but there is no way.
I hope there's a way to do a permission set in the correct manner.

Thank you in advance
 #31578  by jllort

For large change you can use it:
http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Low_le ... ity_change ( this script removes actual security from some node ( appy to some deep ) and replace for roles ). You can modify as your needs ( my suggestion is test in some subfolder until will going as you wish and then apply to your real folder ).

Or create your own small class ( create as a crontab ) and execute it. The portable dev environement http://sourceforge.net/projects/openkmportabledev/ comes with some samples about how create your own crontab task etc...

Finally when you apply a change with recursive option ( default openkm option ), that can need a lot of time until will be applied ( on profesional version we got background security process for it, still not present on community ), until the process will not be finished - althought you see some time out error in popup after some time the process continues - you'll not see the changes. You must not shutdown computer otherwise changes are not applied. For large changes I suggest the first two option I proposed to you.
 #31585  by Peppopalombaro

Thank you Jllort for your reply!
I had readed about this script for mass changes but I was not sure about my case.
So I will try it.

Meanwhile I've set up a test environment with strange behavior:

Same document volume but a little machine (Pentium 4, 1 core, 2 Gb RAM) and the result was: all the things worked like a charm and the performances are realy good (i.e.: CPU Utilization always under 80% compared to the main installation (Xeon Quad Core, 4 Gb Ram) tha shown a CPU usage by openkm always over 200% (so it seems that openkm is using at least 2 cores!)

So i started to suspect that there's something wrong in the main installation.

Some suggestion to check it out?
 #39128  by ayan143

still not present on community ), until the process will not be finished - althought you see some time out error in popup after some time the process continues - you'll not see the changes. You must not shutdown computer otherwise changes are not applied. For large changes I suggest the first two option I proposed to you.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.