• Are search histories supported?

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #30323  by CCTJNII

Our team is evaluating knowledge bases and one of the featires we want is to be able to track searches to identify trending issues users are searching for. Does OpenKM log searches?
 #30336  by jllort

Can be easily implemented, but the question is, log only the query ( it's easy ) or also log the results ( I do not suggest it ).

For what I understand, your objective should be to evaluate if user found or not for what was looking for, I think you need some additional step. Take only as a suggestion. Save all daily search queries done by each user, send a daily mail to the user with all queries to give their feedback ( query useful, not useful, or some way to indicate I've not been able to find information about something with this query ). Obviouly take it only as an aproximation without thinking a lot with the problem, but I think only analize the search history only covers one segment of the problem.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.