• LiveEdit isisues

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #30001  by kylep84

Currently testing 6.4.15, we have an issue where we imported a bunch of data and that worked great. Now if you go to edit a pdf that was imported it gets downloaded via live edit but will not open.

I can see it download the file in %username%\.okm_ediitor, again this only happens on data we have imported. If I simply rename the document and then try live edit again it works.
Any ideas? This has put a stop to our testing until we can figure this out.

Thanks
 #30036  by jllort

Is quite different Acrobat Reader than Acrobat Writer in your computer. Do you use Adobe Acrobat writer or similar software for editing PDF files. That could be the reason why is not starting any application. If you try editing .doc files or .txt, it works fine ?
 #30037  by kylep84

I played around with it last night, since this is a test environment I deleted all data an re-imported it.

After re-importing live edit was downloading and opening the files in our pdf editor (right now using foxit) and I was able to edit and update a few files. Then later on I noticed live edit was not downloading the file and opening it but after I made a change and saved it live edit would not upload the changed file.

I then changed my default pdf program to just adobe reader and its working again. So it seems to work better with adobe, the strange thing is all other data we have in openkm that wasn't imported I can use live edit with foxit all day long and it works great.

Thanks for the response.

EDIT: I just tested it again this morning and live edit is working fine with foxit, not sure what was going on though. Thanks
 #30049  by jllort

What live edit does is delegate to windows to openkm the correct application. Ensure you got defined document extension to be opened with that file ( here is where I think must be the problem ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.