• .msg files encoding

• We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
We tried to make OpenKM as intuitive as possible, but an advice is always welcome.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #28145  by IVSModern

I've got some troubles with adding into OpenKM .msg files saved from MS Outlook (OpenKM 6.2.5. on Win XP with MySQL 5.5). These files contain text in cyrillic encoding and have to look like:
Right
Right
1.JPG (41.58 KiB) Viewed 4384 times
But in fact I see the next picture:
Wrong
Wrong
2.JPG (17.41 KiB) Viewed 4384 times
Trying different options of saving file in Outlook only brought a correct subject of message (3d doc in list on previous picture).
Outlook configuration have koi8r encoding so I set the same to MySQL and okmdb.
What else can I do to fix this problem?
 #28157  by jllort

Let's try to find the problem:
1- is your database Hypersonic? The default one when installing OpenKM.
2- did you create as is explained here http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/MySQL_-_OpenKM_6.2
3- can you write folder with special characters like á ä etc... ( after refresh are looking right )
4- in setenv.bat do you got in JAVA_OPTS this parameter -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 ?
5- how are you running openkm ( start / stop icons or menu options, from terminal or you configured as service in windows ? )
6- What java version have you installed ( jdk XXX ? )
 #28178  by IVSModern

1. No, MySQL. Queries directly to database returns OpenKM data
2. I did
3. Yes, I can
1.JPG
1.JPG (24.65 KiB) Viewed 4376 times
4. Yes, I suppose:
set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms128m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dfile.encoding=utf-8
5. By menu icons.
6. JDK7u45
 #28191  by pavila

Please, attach a sample .msg to test.
 #28383  by pavila

I was able to see the message body in cyrilic, but not the subject. Even importing in Outlook the subjetct is not shown correctly. Please attach an screenshot of the right visualization.

Regards.
 #28410  by IVSModern

Thanks for your attention to my trouble. Here it is:
Attachments
3.JPG
3.JPG (33.33 KiB) Viewed 4325 times
 #28436  by pavila

In my Outlook the subject is not written correctly. Maybe because my Windows is not Russian, but the message body renders correctly. It's quite rare.
 #28458  by IVSModern

Does 'rare' mean that my trouble will not be resolved in nearest future? If 'yes' it's sad. Especially because imported into 'e-mail' folder messages looks properly.
 #28665  by pavila

The problem about I'm talking about is with Outlook: your message is not renderer in it. If Outlook can't render it, OpenKM won't be able to do it.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.