• WEBDAV

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #5234  by seti

in linux , after installing davfs2 , what should be the mounting syntax to get webdav integrated correctly ?

my command line is the following
Code: Select all
sudo mount -t davfs -o uid=me,gid=me http://192.168.0.168:8080/OpenKM/repository/default/ /home/me/mnt/WEBDAV/
I can open a gnome directory perfectly, I can drop a new file , I can suppress it, but if I upload a new version , I get this error :
 14:10:14,034 WARN  [LockManagerImpl] Bad lock token: Bad check digit.
in OpenKM main window, upgrading a file works perfectly

in windows XP WEBDAV :
New version of a file is working perfectly under windows XP and file history is perfect

what could be the issue with linux

(info linux is ubuntu 10.04 x64 )
 #5727  by pavila

Which OpenKM version are your using?
 #5790  by jllort

http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/repository/default/ ( and here you can connect to any node as okm:root or okm:template etc... )
http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/repository/default/okm:root
http://localhost:8080/OpenKM/repository/default/okm:home/username/okm:personal
etc...

if application not runs with other ip than localhost is because you've not started jboss to run with all network interfaces ( wiki might be read with more patience )
run.sh -b 0.0.0.0
 #5905  by lightofnature

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here we go.

Windows clients cannot use any WEBDAV folders because there is a ":" in the name. How can I resolve this issue??? PLEASE HELP ME..... :?

Kind regards

(Screenshot enclosed for clearification)
Capture.JPG
 #5909  by jllort

webdrive is a windows client and can doing it
 #5923  by timsen

Hi,
I mounted the repository in my OS (Kubuntu 10.04) and opened an OpenOffice document and made some minor changes. I can then also click on save and the document gets saved without an error but the changes are not made permanently to the repository. If I close and re-open the document the changes I saved previously are gone.

To allow OpenOffice to use and save the files via WebDAV I had so check in Tools > Option > General > "Use OpenOffice dialogs" because the normal file dialogue doesn't seem to be aware of the dav urls.

Is there something I missed to allow to save new versions of files via WebDAV?

Thank you in advance for your feedback and regards from Germany, Timsen
 #5924  by timsen

Okay, I mounted the repository as described in this thread now and not only by browsing via Konquerer (KDE Browser) to the file and open it with OpenOffice afterwards.
After I mounted the repo and opened / saved a document the version of the document was increased correctly and the history shows correctly the latest and the newest version. But the
preview of the latest version is not shown correctly.

I am using Version: 4.1 (build: 1683).

Is this already known, that if you upload a new version of a document via WebDav the preview of this new version is not show correctly, it still shows the preview of file version 1.0.

Regards, Timsen
 #5953  by pavila

The preview issue in webdav is fixed in OpenKM 5.0

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.