• openkm upgrade from 6.2.5 to 6.3.0

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #42704  by lannyho

Hi, I tried to update the openkm 6.2.5 community version to 6.3.0 community version, but it still shows the 6.2.5 on About OpenKM and Administration, I used this guide to upgrade the openkm https://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/Migra ... 2.6_to_6.3,
1. Stop the Tomcat
2. Edit OpenKM.cfg file and set hibernate.hbm2ddl=update
3. Replace the OpenKM.war (6.3.0 version)
4. Go to Administration > Crontab and delete "User Items Serialize" and "Refresh User Items" (I cannot do it because the tomcat stop now)
5. I start up a Tomcat again and do the Step 4
6. Got to Administration > Database Query and execute the following HSQL command
ALTER TABLE OKM_MINE_TYPE ADD COLUMN MT_SEARCH CHAR(1);
UPDATE OKM_MINE_TYPE SET MT_SEARCH='T';
ALTER TABLE OKM_MINE_TYPE ALTER COLUMN MT_SEARCH SET NOT NULL;
7. Restart tomcat again

when I restart tomcat, the hibernate.hbm2ddl still back to none, if I remove the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/OpenKM and $TOMCAT_HOME/work/Catalina/localhost, it will stuck on loading page after I login and no any response, can someone help me to know is this update Ok or not? Any logs can found out / check? Any procedures are missing?

Please kindly advise
 #42705  by lannyho

The Error like this
[/code]Caused by: org.hsqldb.HsqlException: user lacks privilege or object not found: M
IMETYPE0_.MT_SEARCH
at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.error.Error.error(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.ExpressionColumn.checkColumnsResolved(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.QueryExpression.resolve(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.ParserDQL.compileCursorSpecification(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.ParserCommand.compilePart(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.ParserCommand.compileStatement(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.Session.compileStatement(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.StatementManager.compile(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.Session.execute(Unknown Source)
... 69 more
And stuck on the Loading OpenKM prompt...
 #42709  by jllort

Go again to Administration > Database query and be sure you have correctly executed ( ensure you have chosen JDBC rather HSQL from bottom right list before xecuting ):
Code: Select all
ALTER TABLE OKM_MIME_TYPE ADD COLUMN MT_SEARCH CHAR(1);
UPDATE OKM_MIME_TYPE SET MT_SEARCH='T';
ALTER TABLE OKM_MIME_TYPE ALTER COLUMN MT_SEARCH SET NOT NULL;
 #42721  by lannyho

Thanks jllort, however, I follow your instruction and execute the SQL, it shows the error message like this

[quota]user lacks privilege or object not found: PUBLIC.OKM_MINE_TYPE[/quota]

is there any missing?
 #42739  by jllort

You should have the table OKM_MIME_TYPE, check if you have it. In case afirmative, check the columns set there. You must have a new columns named MT_SEARCH CHAR ( that's the reason of executing sql script )

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.