• Old Date Entry

• OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
OpenKM has many interesting features, but requires some configuration process to show its full potential.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #43168  by chackem

Back in 2013 I asked if it was possible to enter dates manually without using the date widget. This would be very important for us as we would be entering very old dates (in some cases early 1800s). At the time we abandoned openkm because it would just be too inefficent to use the widget to move through old dates.

We're looking at openkm again, but the same problem seems to exist. Is there any way to allow a date to be entered in the date box without using the date widget?

Thanks for a great product. I'd really like to use it if I can.

Old Entry:
https://forum.openkm.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9354
 #43170  by jllort

Should be changed the code for it. I can tell you which classes are involved ( really should not be much difficult to implement it ).

Really now you can enter dates as an input, but the problem is that you will not be able to make queries by range in this kind of queries ( I suppose this is the problem ? ).
 #43217  by chackem

Yes the search would be an issue. If you could tell me the classes I can take a swing at it. Not that good at java, but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks.
 #43313  by chackem

Yeah, apparently my java skills are non-existent. I couldn't manage to do anything. Do you offer custom programming services to have you make the changes?

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.