• openkm on Windows 10

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #42137  by silverspr

Hi has anyone had success starting openkm on Windows 10? I've installed 6.3.1 on two different machines with no success starting the application: The Catalina home environment is not set error. I've started from the terminal using "run" and tried setting the home variable in the setenv.bat i.e. CATALINA_HOME=c:\openkm\tomcat. This has not worked.

The installer is pretty straightforward, not much you can do wrong! No log files are created, the app doesn't seem to start at all. Any suggestions appreciated.
 #42140  by silverspr

Resolved:
I had to set the CATALINA_HOME variable manually: control panel > system properties > advanced system settings > Environment variables edit system variables. Then re-installed 64 bit java JDK and set the JAVA_HOME variable in system variables to the JRE file location.

Its working now...
thanks
 #42153  by jllort

There's a problem with actual installer, which comes with jdk 32 bits for compatibility with 32 bits architecture. That cause a lot of problems, like yours and in next version release will definitively remove in favour 64 bits.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.