• Error on close

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #30553  by silverspr

Hello
When exiting OpenKM 6.3 on Ubuntu 14.04 from the OpenKM toolbar> file, exit option, I occasionally encounter this error: error when communicating with the server (getUpdateMessage). Is this an OpenKM error or an error generated from Tomcat? any ideas on how to remedy this?
thanks
okmCloseError.JPG
okmCloseError.JPG (25.97 KiB) Viewed 4089 times
 #30566  by jllort

Well is not easy to explain what it happens, first of all do not worry is not important. The question is OpenKM UI does simultaneos connections at same time ( althought you do not see ) to maintain updated the UI information. That means several javascript query calls to get information under and authenticated service. In logout process we take control of most common call to disable it during the logout process, obviously it's not possible take control of all, because that will suppose some horrible changes in source code ( very ugly to only solve one minimal deffect ). Imagine logout process running two call one for getting update message and logout at same time. If logout finished before getting update message, then update message tries to get information when session has just expired, and generate this error. That's why sometimes when you logout can get some error, hope you understand the cause. I've been thinking about it some time, and I've not have any good idea about it than go error into silent mode when executing logout process.
 #30571  by silverspr

Thanks jllort
I'm new to OpenKm AND Linux, so thank you for your time. Happens infrequently, will ignore as per your advice.
 #30583  by jllort

Sometimes errors should be warms or not be shown. In this case I will try to set error in hidden mode when logout to prevent end user be worried for it.
 #42199  by gwaitsi

Hi Jllort,

i have linux mint client with firefox - connecting to linux sql server

I get this error too and loose the session when;
- i have left firefox open and not logged out of openkm
- client goes into sleep mode
- client wakes up from sleep mode and previous session shows these error connecting messages
- refresh the web page takes you to the login screen

It would be better to have a cleaner session logout instead of having the error messages.

is it possible to set session timeout please?
 #42202  by jllort

When you talking about "client goes to sleep mode" you are talking about the OS hibernate ?
 #42206  by gwaitsi

correct. i have linux mint desktop and it goes to sleep after 10min of no activity.
 #42208  by jllort

Is a quite strange scenario. Usually DMS should be always alive, and starting from hibernated session is a very special case. The server session is kept alive for 30 minutes, passes this time the session is purged and will not be longer used, although from browser is still trying to be used ( I suspect it can be the problem ).

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.