• installation on fresh ubuntu 16.4 32 bit

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #41954  by Dfalconer84

I have read many many installation guides but they either are missing points or assume certain things are already running.

iv installed java, iv installed tomcat 7 and confirmed it works (don't even get me started on that with the users).

ok so I'm in a fresh 32 bit Ubuntu. I download the correct installer.
I do the chmod command
I then run it.
it installs, it picks the opt directory (exactly as shown in documentation)
then it finishes
no short cut on desktop and none of the start / stop files can run.

why would this be the case.
an another test version using 14.04 64 bit I had to change folder permission after installation to get any of it to run. (none of this mentioned in installation notes)

problem with this one is I have to click the start openkm after every reboot.
tried following the setup as a start up service but every time I do the start service command it says failed (this was a tomcat service)
now I don't know if this is documentation confusing between having tomcat run or openkm start up, I don't know because its not exactly clear.

if some one would be so kind as to help me out I would be forever appreciative.
am I better off switching to 64bit 16.04 to start with.
 #41962  by jllort

I suggest forward to 64 bits architecture. Default setenv.sh environment comes with 2GB of ram configuration ( by default ). Java have problems on 32 bit architecture when trying to use 2GB of RAM, I suspect this is your problem. You should reduce it, or change to 64 bits. Our suggestion, for starting, is a 64 bits with 4GB of RAM and 2 Core.

Try starting application from terminal. Go to $TOMCAT_HOME/ bin folder and execute the command "./catalina.sh run" you'll see there the error, probably what I've commented.
 #41967  by Dfalconer84

ok thanks for reply.
i will use a fresh install and go from there.
i am still unhappy with the fact in the last install no desktop icon was created and permissions seemed to be out of whack.
i had to set as executable but no mention of this in setup.....??!!!?!?!?!

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.