• OpenKM Community Installation on Windows machine with MySQL

• Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Problems with installing OpenKM? No problemo, the solution is closer than you think.
Forum rules: Please, before asking something see the documentation wiki or use the search feature of the forum. And remember we don't have a crystal ball or mental readers, so if you post about an issue tell us which OpenKM are you using and also the browser and operating system version. For more info read How to Report Bugs Effectively.
 #30317  by dxbnewbie29

Hello, I'm a newbie here and might be asking a redundant but very basic question.
I am trying out openKM to assess if it will satisfy my team's need for version control etc. for documents.
I want to install the community version to use MySQL with about 35-40 users.

SourceForge gives me a .exe file for installation. I installed it and it was working fine.

Then, I decided to give MySQL a try and got this link:
http://wiki.openkm.com/index.php/MySQL_-_OpenKM_6.2

However, when I changed the HSQL dialect to MySQL, I was unable to launch openKM (and it says in the orange box in the link that I should not change this after the installation of openKM).
I also found out that I need to download MySQL JDBC driver & and move it to $TOMCAT_HOME/lib. This can also be done after the installation right?

How do I change it before installing? I only have an .exe.

Sorry if I have asked very basic questions but I am confused!
 #30356  by atifraza

r, when I changed the HSQL dialect to MySQL, I was unable to launch openKM (and it says in the orange box in the link that I should not change this after the installation of openKM).
I also found out that I need to download MySQL JDBC driver & and move it to $TOMCAT_HOME/lib. This can also be done after the installation right?

How do I change it before installing? I only have an .exe.

Sorry if I have asked very basic questions but I am confu :P :lol:
Last edited by atifraza on Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

About Us

OpenKM is part of the management software. A management software is a program that facilitates the accomplishment of administrative tasks. OpenKM is a document management system that allows you to manage business content and workflow in a more efficient way. Document managers guarantee data protection by establishing information security for business content.